Thursday, December 25, 2008

Caught in the act!

Photobucket



Photobucket
Nathan is really into spying and detective work and so he was thrilled with the idea of trying to catch Santa in the act! So we had the idea of setting up the camera on a tripod in the living room and hooking it to a motion sensor to see what we could capture in the still of the night Christmas Eve. When we woke up Christmas morning we couldn’t believe what we found (with the help of photoshop)! The kids were dumb founded; Nathan just kept saying, “Wow, his bag is red? I always thought it would be brown.” It is always so amusing to hear Nathan’s Christmas list each year. He has such an imagination and comes up with some good ones that Julie and I are always saying to ourselves, “I don’t think they sell that at Target.” Last year the two things he wanted were a “Flying Squirrel Suit” and a “Snow Leopard Suit.” This year it was “Invisible Stuff”, a “Real Spy” (I guess to have at his disposal whenever he needs help with his espionage side business he runs.), and “$1,000”. Anyway, the kids got a real kick out of it and it was fun to see their reactions to the presents and also the captured photos. We hope every ones Christmas was as enjoyable as ours. Merry Christmas!

8 comments:

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

What a great idea! Merry Christmas!

Norris Fam said...

Very cool! Everyone loves Santa and those pictures make everything seem very magical...so fun!

Anonymous said...

So did he get the money? JK

Santa is so magical. Joshua will argue with anyone and he came home from school one day and said he was the only kid in his class that believes. I'm so proud of him for not giving into peer pressure

sstevens said...

That is rad! Holden was amazed when I showed him your pictures of Santa. You guys are the best.

Anonymous said...

That is SOOO cute!!

Julie said...

That's a fun idea. Emily is starting to ask a lot of questions about Santa, and are we Santa, etc.

Sherilyn said...

Hi Olsen Clan,
I hope you don't mind me taking a peek at your amazing blog. Wow Jared, you are a great photographer! I am so impressed with the live nativity pictures. Something I hope to take in next year. Wow, we are so proud of Nathan and his skiing abilities. He is getting so grown up, and we are so excited to be his teachers this year in Primary. He is a good boy! Check out our blog.... mikeandsherilyn@blogspot.com

Joy said...

I want to catch Santa at my house, my 9 year old is skeptical :) I love this, thanks for sharing.