Saturday, October 10, 2009

Father and Son's Outing 2009

The Father and Sons camp out this year was allot of fun. Nathan, Brennan, and I went up a day early to save the camp site for the rest of the ward and to enjoy the great outdoors. We had a blast shooting our bows, hiking, riding four wheelers and just relaxing. When it got dark and it was time to hit the sack I realized that we had taken out all but two sleeping bags from the trailer to was them following our last camp out and forgot to put them back in. I wasn't worried. . . I figured the two kids had one to use and it was warm enough that I could get by just sleeping with a little through blanket over me and could enjoy the nice pleasant breeze with the windows open. Let's just say, in the morning all the windows were shut, the heater was turned on and I was curled up sharing a sleeping bag with Brennan and there was a phone call placed to have a neighbor bring up reinforcements on the blankets later on that day! I got "COLD!" Needless to say, we still had a blast and I am so glad I have two boys that love the outdoors and camping just as much as I do.

It was funny, on the way into the camp site Nathan looked out the window of the truck and said. . . "Dad, you have to take a picture of that; It looks like Heavenly Father and Jesus are going to come down out of those clouds."
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments: